June 7, 2019, Eugene, OR
The Eugene Gay Men’s Chorus (EGMC), in their first ever spring concert, Liberation! called audience members to join with them in the journey of igniting passion for freedom, passing through the challenges of adversity, and expressing the beauty of liberated identity and celebration.
Bringing songs from the spirit of Stonewall, the chorus not only commemorated it’s one year anniversary, it celebrated the 50th anniversary of the events that have paved the way for LGBTQ+ folks to simply live, be, and thrive–a struggle and fight we stand in each day.
The evening would not have been possible without the countless contributions of our volunteers. The open doors and warm welcome of our host Trinity United Methodist Church. The sponsorship of many community partners. And finally, you: our audience, friends, and loved ones–who walk with us in this beautiful journey.
Liberation, by the numbers:
- EGMC’s 1st ever Spring Concert with
- 22 choristers singing their hearts out to
- 220 community members and
- ∞ (infinite) amounts of thanks and tenacity for the future!
- Spread the spirit of liberation and word of the chorus to friends and those who might benefit from our community;
- Sing with us! It’s fun!
- Follow us on the socials (facebook | twitter | instagram) or sign up for our newsletter.
Can you help sponsor the future?
EGMC has recently received it’s 501(c)3 status as a registered non-profit and is eager to continue ‘sing out the gay in everyone’ with your support and partnership.